Volunteer ESL Teacher NeededMore Than Compassion Published: November 16, 2015
Nine English speaking teachers will be asked to sign a 10-month contract beginning on December 28, 2015 and continuing through the end of October, 2016. Teachers will live together in an apartment near the School of Hope and Fundación Salvación orphanage, and they will receive a $110 a month stipend to pay for food.
Each teacher will be assigned to a particular grade (pre-kindergarten through sixth grade) and will be in charge of teaching English and art classes. In addition to their teaching responsibilities, they will be actively involved in mentoring and caring for the kids at the orphanage. We ask the incoming teachers to fundraise $2,000 to offset the cost of their flights as well as various in country costs.
To get the full application information, visit: http://morethancompassion.org/teach/
- College Degree
- Native English Speaker
- No teaching experience required
- Willingness to uphold Christian values
Materials needed to Apply
Teaching applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Applications for the 2016 school year are now open. In order to apply, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Teacher Application.” In the email, attach your resume, as well as answers to the following questions. Please keep all answers between 200-400 words.
- What passions and skills make you a good fit to teach English in Central America with underprivileged children? Please include past teaching or relevant experience to the position.
- How does your faith and identity in Jesus Christ affect your daily life?
- Based on your past experience and lifestyle, how do you think you would handle living in sub-par living conditions with 8-10 other people for an extended period of time?
EFLSensei.com is not responsible for the accuracy of job descriptions and has no influence over the recruitment process or outcome of job applications. Applicants are advised to research employers fully prior to accepting employment.