University Teaching Positions (English)Jazan University - English Language Center Published: April 1, 2015
A public research-based university accredited by the Ministry of Education invites qualified applicants for the current and upcoming academic year. Candidates may teach General English and ESP courses in the foundation year or upper-level courses in the English Department.
- Assistant Professor (PhD) - Faculty of Arts & Humanities
- English Language Instructors & Lecturers (MA) - English Language Center
Basis: Full-time (Males and Females)
Academic Role: Maximum of 40 hours of work per week that includes between 14 - 18 hours of class teaching, academic advising, curriculum development, course syllabi preparation, student assessment and office hours for consultation with students. Faculty members may also contribute to the University’s advancement via committees, events and special projects.
- competitive tax-free salaries (negotiable) based on qualifications and experience
- employment visas and authorized work permits (iqamas) for single or family status
- accommodations or annual housing allowance
- monthly transportation allowance
- health coverage at government health facilities
- annual summer vacation (approx. 60 days) with round-trip airfare (applicant and up to 3 dependants)
- assistance with children's tuition reimbursement
- vacation breaks (3 holidays of about 10 days each)
- professional development opportunities
- end-of-contract service package (after 2 years)
Established in 2006, Jazan University currently has over 70,000 students. Our University is made up of 12 faculties and 42 departments. The English Language Center (ELC) is one of the four main centers at the University. The ELC offers General English and English for Specific Purposes (ESP) courses to ensure excellent language pedagogy for its students. We also provide additional services like translation, curriculum development, recruitment, research, teacher training, and specialized courses for advanced or scholarship students.
Educational requirements: PhD or Masters (MA) degree holders
Preferred majors of candidates: English, Applied Linguistics, TEFL/TESL, Literature, Translation
Desirable qualifications: TESOL, CELTA or DELTA
Minimum experience: 3 years at the University level
Materials needed to Apply
To apply for a position, please email us your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note only qualified short-listed candidates will be selected to continue in the recruitment process. In the event that we wish to arrange a personal Skype interview, we will contact you by email, phone or via Skype.
English Language Center (ELC)
Jazan, Saudi Arabia
Phone / Fax: (966) 173235046
EFLSensei.com is not responsible for the accuracy of job descriptions and has no influence over the recruitment process or outcome of job applications. Applicants are advised to research employers fully prior to accepting employment.