Native EFL Teachers Needed-Starting in Oct in Taiwan!Kang Ning English School Published: September 2, 2015
I. OUR MISSION STATEMENT
Our mission is to develop and enrich the lives of children through the teaching of English. We stress not only the development of each student’s English language ability, but the total development of their character and well-being. Nurturing our children with love and joy is the utmost principle at KNES, and “whole English, whole person” is the ultimate goal we pursue.
II. OUR SCHOOL
Founded in 1985, Kang Ning English School (KNES) is a private English school that offers both kindergarten and elementary to secondary level English education. Our Kindergarten Department (KD) receives students from age 2 to 6, and provides both full-English and bi-lingual programs. Our Language Department (LD) has students mainly between age 7 and 12. Both KD and LD programs have well-structured curriculum and all classes are conducted in English only.
We pride ourselves as a professional English educational institution that always puts our students at the first place. Teachers are our most valuable assets to deliver the highest quality of education to students and we provide a positive, stable, and supportive educational environment to our teachers. We currently have more than ten full-time English-native-speaking teachers from all over the world and are planning to increase the number as the school expands.
III. OUR LOCATIONS
Four operating branches located in Zhudong (or spelled as Chutung or Judong), Hsinchu County. The branches are within 15 minutes of drive from each other. Zhudong is a medium-sized town with a population of 100,000. There are 4 universities and 3 colleges nearby. It takes 30 minutes to get to the beach and 5 minutes to the mountains with nice hiking trails by car. There is bus that runs directly to Taipei (the capital and biggest city of Taiwan) with a ride of about 90 minutes. Neighboring areas (within 30 minutes of drive) include: Jhubei city, Hsinchu city & the Science Park.
IV. BENEFITS WE PROVIDE
1. STABLE MONTHLY SALARY: NT$58,000 - 68,000 with overtime pay and guaranteed salary even if the contracted teaching hours are not met
2. VARIOUS OTHER BONUSES ON TOP OF THE SALARY: Partial airfare compensation, seasonal performance bonus, end of contract bonus, contract renewal bonus
3. HOLIDAYS: 11 paid national holidays as required by the government and additional paid personal leaves
4. WORK VISA & ARC: All handled by the school so teachers don't have to visit multiple government agencies in difference locations
5. ACCOMMODATION: Free for first two months so teachers have more time to look for their own place
V. VACANCIES WE HAVE
Teachers in all positions work 8 hours a day (9 office hours with 1 hour break in between), 5 days a week, Monday to Friday. Teaching hours that exceed the weekly maximum (26) or falls outside of a teacher’s normal working hour bears extra pay.
1. Kindergarten (KD) position: 1 opening starting from October. Working hours are from 9am to 6pm, with KD teaching duties between 9am – 4pm and LD teaching duties between 4pm – 6pm.
2. Language Department (LD) position: 1 opening starting from October. Working hours are from 12:30pm to 9:30pm.
VI. TEACHERS WE LOOK FOR
1. English native-speaking educators with teaching passion and professionalism (prior teaching experience not necessary)
2. Bachelor’s Degree (in any discipline)
3. 15-month commitment
4. No criminal history
5. TESOL/TEFL/TESL/CELTA certificates preferred but not required
Materials needed to Apply
VII. APPLICATION PROCESS
Interested applicants should apply via email. An interview invitation would be emailed if the applicant passes the document screening process. We also screen resume year round.
2. A copy of passport (picture page)
3. A copy of Bachelor’s degree diploma (or higher degree)
4. Two references with contact email address
5. A copy of TESOL/TEFL/TESL/CELTA certificate (not required)
6. Criminal record (if available at the moment)
Visit our website at www.kangning.com.tw for more information about the school.
EFLSensei.com is not responsible for the accuracy of job descriptions and has no influence over the recruitment process or outcome of job applications. Applicants are advised to research employers fully prior to accepting employment.