Myanmar is the Place to Teach in 2015/16Brainworks - Total Group of Schools Published: May 6, 2015
MYANMAR IS THE PLACE TO TEACH in 2015/16!
CONTINUOUS GROWTH AND EXPANSION OF MYANMAR'S LARGEST GROUP OF K - 12 SCHOOLS REQUIRES ADDITIONAL TEACHERS TO JOIN OUR ESTABLISHED TEAM OF NATIVE ENGLISH SPEAKING TEACHERS IN THE FOLLOWING POSITIONS:
- Pre School English x 1
- Pre School English Substitute Teacher x 1
- P3 Lower Primary English x 1
- P4 Lower Primary English x 1
- P6 Upper Primary English x 1
- P1 – P4 Lower Primary School English Substitute Teacher x 1
- S1 + S2 Secondary English x 1
- PE Director – all levels
- Senior Swim Instructor x 1
Come and experience the wonders and be part of the positive and exciting changing times in the Golden Land of Myanmar. Brainworks – Total are a unique group of K -12 Integrated schools with nine city branches in Yangon and one regional branch in Taunggyi. We are a registered Cambridge School with ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 accreditations.
Our focus is on providing thousands of Myanmar children with an extremely high quality world-class education for a very reasonable and affordable cost that many parents can afford. We also focus on training and empowering over 350 local Myanmar teachers so that in the long term they can expand and duplicate the model and become more self-sufficient which in turn will continue to move this developing country forward.
In the ten years since our founding in the Southeast Asian country of Myanmar (formerly known as Burma) Brainworks - Total Group of Schools has expanded to 9 branches with over 2500 very motivated students and 350 dedicated teachers and staff with ongoing expansion plans. All our training is conducted in English and focuses on experiential learning with high academic standards as well as personal/self-development skills, creating future young leaders, service to the community and participatory activities.
We also believe in reflective teaching and our instructors and teachers work collaboratively at all levels to continuously evaluate and improve student learning. At the same time we also have a strong emphasis on developing, training and empowering our local Myanmar teachers, staff, and parents.
We offer single academic year Employment agreements but are very focussed on giving our students certainty and continuity, and preference is given to applicants who are prepared to commit to 2 consecutive agreements.
- Our salary year is from 1st week of June to 30th April.
- Our teacher-working year runs from June 1st through to the eve of Thingyun in early April of the following year.
- For those that complete a single academic year contract and are offered and accept a second year contract we offer a one-month paid holiday for the month of May. (Paid pro rata for those that start after 1st June)
- Paid public and term holidays.
- Paid flights costs to and from Myanmar on full completion of contract from either Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur or Singapore.
- Excellent teacher/student class ratios.
- High quality shared house/apartment style air-conditioned accommodation for single people. Please note there are no single self contained or mixed couple accommodations available.
- US$500.00 Stipend available for those that wish to procure their own accommodation.
- Free basic house keeping and laundry service.
- We cover all initial and bi-monthly visa renewal costs.
- Free daily nutritional School lunches.
- We cover all local work related transportation costs.
- Complimentary Myanmar language classes.
- Basic simple medical cover.
- For those that show enthusiasm, dedication and a natural desire to lead there are performance based advancement opportunities.
US $1200 - US $2000 depending on qualifications and experience.
Note: While the salary may be less than teachers are paid in some western countries, international teachers usually say because of the low cost of living in Myanmar they can live a far easier and more affluent lifestyle in Myanmar than they can on a teachers salary in their own country.
- Be a native English speaker from the USA, Canada, UK, Australia or New Zealand with a neutral accent.
- You must hold an ESL qualification: TESOL, CELTA or TEFL (min. 120hrs of in class training) or have an accredited ESOL endorsement on your teaching license. Preference given to those that hold a B.A. B.Ed or M.Ed and to those that are certified teachers in their place of origin.
- All positions require at least one full year practical leading and teaching classroom experience or one year's practicum as a student teacher in a qualified teacher certification program.
- Have experience living abroad (preferably 1 year or more) in a developing country and a sense for adventure, change and a touch of uncertainty.
Please note: We will only respond to applications that meet the requirements we are looking for.
Materials needed to Apply
How to Apply:
Send email applications to email@example.com
YOU MUST INDICATE WHICH SPECIFIC POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR
- A detailed covering letter telling us about you as a person and why you think you should be chosen to join our awesome team.
- A current CV
Should you be shortlisted for a position at a later date you will need to supply the following documentation.
- A copy of your passport
- 3 Letters of reference
- A copy of your teaching credentials, certifications, endorsements, etc
- Any other relevant documents
Further details can be obtained at:
EFLSensei.com is not responsible for the accuracy of job descriptions and has no influence over the recruitment process or outcome of job applications. Applicants are advised to research employers fully prior to accepting employment.