Kindergarten Homeroom TeacherFelice International Kindergarten Published: September 16, 2015
Gunma Felice Academy was founded in 2004 by Christians and an accredited Kindergarten and Elementary by the Japan Ministry of Education. We aim to provide a quality education based on Christian principles.
Felice International School is seeking teachers who are interested in Japanese culture and working with Japanese people. We seek teachers who are patient, friendly, and flexible. Successful applicants will have excellent communication skills and be eager to learn new things. Must be a team player, proactively support colleagues, and be thoughtful and considerate of others. A position at Felice involves working with children preschool through elementary age; therefore teachers must be active and enthusiastic. Felice is located in Gunma prefecture, about 100km north of Tokyo.
Kindergarten Classroom Teacher (ages 3-5)
- Homeroom teacher for 15-18 students, responsible for all of the lessons and activities, preparation and all of the day to day operations of a classroom.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Memorize and master the GrapeSEED curriculum, which includes chants, songs and stories.
- Teach children to listen, speak, read and write in English using GrapeSEED standard teaching techniques (training provided).
- Learn, assess, and implement teaching techniques provided by GrapeSEED curriculum training, or as requested by training staff and Manager.
- Play actively with children outside daily : running, using playground equipment, games, balls. Maintain a safe environment through constant visual supervision, intervene physically in emergency situations, including, if necessary, carrying an injured child to a place of safety.
- Participate in team meetings, sharing knowledge, experiences and ideas among team members.
- Maintain a clean classroom environment. Decorate walls and classroom appropriate for children, the current season, holiday and/or subject of study. Sweep and clean classroom daily.
- Prepare and distributes children’s materials and letters to parents.
- Preparation for crafts and activities are the teacher’s responsibility.
- Teach students following the company`s curriculum and teaching methodology effectively, offering attractive lessons for students
- Evaluate students
- Complete and update daily teaching records
- Attend required staff meetings, seminars and other activities
Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 3:25 pm (total 30 hours of working hours a week)
Occasional weekends for school events
8:45- Morning circle and Grape SEED
15:00-Pick up time
• Salary: Full-time native English teachers: JPY 250,000 ~ 300,000/month
• Contract renewal bonus . A bonus will be paid at the end of the every school year in March.
• Kokumin Hoken (National insurance) (70%coverage): School will pay half of the premium.
• Consecutive working hours (no split shifts)
• 10 sick/personal leave days, in addition to national holidays (approximately 12). Summer vacation 10 days, Winter vacation approximately 5 days, Spring vacation approximately 3days.
• Paid training
• This position is a one year contract
- Furnished/Non-furnished apartments are available. Additional cost for an apartment with basic furnishings (4,000yen)
- Rent ranges from 50,000-60,000 yen/month
- Teachers are responsible for paying utilities
- Cleaning fee 10,000 yen
- A 1 bedroom apartment is for one person, has 1 bedroom +1 living room & kitchen + bathroom, about 30 m2.
- Airfare and moving allowance reimbursement upon arriving in Japan (for teachers outside of Japan)
Events: We have many exciting events throughout the year.
- Spring camp
- Summer School
- Christmas Party & Concert
- Sport day festival
- Staff only parties
- Jamboree Bazaar
As well as Japanese traditional seasonal events :
- Mochi (rice cake) Making
- Children's Day festivals
- Karate class for teachers
- Japanese class for teachers (Free)
- Native level English speaker
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an English speaking country
- Be able to work for a minimum of one year
- TESOL, TEFL, or CELTA experience (at least 120 hours) or equivalent certificate is favorable
- Teaching experience and/or instructor training experience is favorable
- Previous experience working with children, and enjoy working with children
- Honest, hard working, flexible and dedicated individual who has a warm and energetic personality
Materials needed to Apply
* College Diploma(s)
EFLSensei.com is not responsible for the accuracy of job descriptions and has no influence over the recruitment process or outcome of job applications. Applicants are advised to research employers fully prior to accepting employment.