International Faculty Position at Korea Nazarene UniversityKorea Nazarene University Published: June 25, 2015
Korea Nazarene University is recruiting a full-time international professor. Employed as of September 1st, 2015.
Field of Opening
General English Education - English as a Foreign Language (EFL) and other English-content classes. One positions available.
- Teaching (20 hours/week)
- Detailed matters will be written on the contract.
Deadline for Application and Documents Submission July 10, 2015 by 13:00 pm KST
Screening (Interview) - July 13, 2015 - July 17, 2015
Successful Candidate Announcement - Before August 31, 2015
Salary and Benefits
- Bachelor's degree or Master's degree beholder: 2,520,000 KRW/month, Doctor's degree beholder: 2,880,000 KRW/month (During the contract period a salary increase of 60,000 KRW will be given in the 2nd year with a maximum limit of 480,000 KRW over the base salary). *If classes are canceled, 43,000 KRW/hour will be repaid to KNU from your salary.
- 130,000 KRW for a meal allowance in addition to the basic monthly salary
- Free housing (1 person use only). With KNU 's permission, if the instructor chooses to provide their own housing, 300,000 KRW will be paid monthly by KNU to the instructor. For KNU 's off-campus housing, 150,000 KRW will be paid to the instructor for utility bill (General utility, electricity, water, gas, etc.).
- Korea Teacher's Pension according to the Law
- National Health Insurance according to the Law
- Paid summer and winter vacation. Vacation will be taken when summer and winter KNU camps (for 2 weeks) are not in session (This is offered 1 year after employment).
- The contract is for 2 years. A new contract may be offered at the end of two years by evaluations.
- KNU or an employee of KNU is not responsible for any information or material that fails to reach us because of incorrect contact information.
- If, at any stage during or after the selection process, it is discovered that you have provided false information, you will be disqualified from the entire process. If employed, the contract will be terminated immediately and required to reimburse KNU for the salaries received from KNU. A letter of release from KNU will NOT be issued.
- The instructors must attend a local Nazarene church during the contract period.
- Drinking and smoking are not allowed.
- The instructor cannot have any criminal records.
- The instructor must follow and uphold the manual and guidelines set by the International Church of the Nazarene.
- The Application documents must be complete. If all the required documents are not provided, the application shall not be accepted.
- All the communications with applicants in the review process will be conducted by e-mail. If the e-mail address provided by the applicant is not correct or a properly sent e-mail cannot reach him/her, KNU is not responsible for any disadvantages that it may cause.
- If any rules and conditions are not specified in this notice, they will
follow the provisions of personnel of Korea Nazarene University.
- Degree and experiences should meet either A, B, or C. English (education) or business administration major preferred.
A. Bachelors degree beholder + 4 years of teaching or researching experiences in the related field *
B. Master's degree beholder + 2 years of teaching or researching experiences in the related field *
C. Doctor's degree beholder
*Teaching experiences (A full-time professor at a college level above or a primary and secondary school regular teacher with a government-issued teacher certificate) are 100% admitted. Other than these will be considered according to the KNU's regulations.
- One should meet the eligibility specified in the Private School Law of Republic of Korea and the Regulations of KNU.
- Nationality: Those who are from English-speaking countries (as a first language)
- Applicants with eligible visas or who can receive eligible visas
Materials needed to Apply
Documents should be submitted in either English or Korean. Documents in other languages should be translated into English or Korean and be notarized with the applicant's signature.
- Application form
- Personal testimony
- Plans to teach and contribute to KNU
- Sealed recommendation letter (From a pastor)
- Completed questionnaire
- Self health check list
- Agreement to offer personal information
- A copy of passport (Photo and signature pages)
- Original copies of certificate of Work Experience for each employment. This should be related to your teaching, researching, industry-education (corporation) experiences on your resume.
- Copies of B.A. M.A. and Ph.D. Diploma and academic transcripts
- A copy of alien registration card if residing in Korea *If applied
- Copies of publications (in PDF files or hard copies) *If applied
- Copies of doctorate dissertation (in PDF files or hard copies) *If applied
- Professional licenses or documents (such as TOPIK, Teacher Certificate, etc.) *If applied
- 6 identification photos (3.4 cm X 4.5 cm) taken within 6 months (Write your full name on the back of each photo). *Photos taken within your digital camera and printed on a home printer are unacceptable. *After confirmation of employment
- Employment Health Check-up at a KNU designating hospital *After confirmation of employment
Submission of Documents
1. Applicants should submit all the documents by postal mail or in person.
2. Mailing address: Academic Affairs Office, Korea Nazarene University, Wolbong-ro 48, Cheonan Chuongnam, 331-718, South Korea
3. Application deadline: All the necessary documents should arrive at KNU by 1 pm on July 10, 2015
4. Inquiry : Tenny Lee +82-41-570-1550, email@example.com
EFLSensei.com is not responsible for the accuracy of job descriptions and has no influence over the recruitment process or outcome of job applications. Applicants are advised to research employers fully prior to accepting employment.