Full-time Kindergarten TeacherMorning Star International School Published: June 30, 2015
We are looking for an active, vibrant educator who has experience working with very young learners.
This is a hands-on position which, whilst fun, involves a certain amount of pastoral care.
The school provides a welcoming and friendly environment, not only to students but also to teachers, and there will always be help on hand when needed.
Our competitive salaries favour experience, and there are 14 paid days annual leave in the first year.
Come and join our team!
Job Description for Teacher
* To arrive at work on or before designated starting time.
* To be neatly presented in clean, suitable clothing.
* To practice high standards in personal hygiene and ensure the children in your care do too. For example, washing hands with soap after toilet and before eating, etc.
* To be available in the room between 8 to 8:30 am, and as much as possible, to greet parents and children on arrival.
* To supervise and ensure the supervision of all children in his/her care at all times.
* To ensure that the room is cleaned and all equipment returned to its place at the end of the day.
* Please note all books taken from the library in the book provided, return resources and equipment borrowed to its original storage area and request resources for your program/room to the Head Teacher or Director.
* To ensure that the room is kept clean and safe for children throughout each day.
* To be vigilant in the supervision of children playing outside and not to leave outside area without informing staff outside.
* To ensure that equipment or furniture/playground toys both within the room and outside are safe for children to use. If not, this information is to be reported to the Director or Head Teacher immediately.
* To ensure that children are appropriately dressed for the season and are kept clean and dry as much as is reasonable.
* To design a weekly program according to MSIK philosophy and curriculum framework.
* To contribute ideas and suggestions at Staff or Team Meetings to aid the programs and kindergarten.
* All teachers are expected to plan their own room's program and appropriate experiences, however, please see the Head Teacher for any guidance, concerns or resources. All programs are to be given to the Head Teacher on the Friday immediately before the program commences.
* To set up age appropriate experiences with your classroom and implement the program.
* To observe children and record observations using your own preferred format to develop an Individual Learning Plan and appropriate program for each child in his/her care.
* To complete an Individual Learning Plan per term for each child in his/her care and evaluate this Plan at the end of the term.
* To give a written comment on this ILP to parents or participate in a Parent/Teacher Interview if requested by parents in consultation with the Head Teacher each term.
* To inform parents at home time about their child's well-being or interests/progress that day or covey any other necessary information.
* To respect children's culture and home life and seek information on children from parents as needed on comforting rituals such as when crying, foods they like, etc.
* To treat all such information or any other information given from parents as completely confidential including enrollment information.
* To become aware of children's enrollment information such as allergies, health issues, phobias or family situation.
* To arrange home visits should they become necessary with the Head Teacher or Director before organizing with parents.
* All concerns about a child's behavior, home situation or development should be discussed with the Head Teacher prior to any discussion with parents.
* To consult with the Head Teacher or Director before telephoning parents on behavior or other matters unless in an emergency situation.
* To be aware and to abide by procedures in the Staff Handbook and MSIK policies including procedures on Medication, Parent Pick Up, Accidents, Emergency or Sickness.
* To administer First Aid to children when needed or direct Assistants to do so. To be aware of appropriate First Aid procedures to ensure children's safety and the safety of oneself - eg: using gloves to clean bodily fluids, etc.
* To complete an Accident form and inform parents of the details after First Aid has been given to a child involved in an accident.
* To be aware and to abide by Staff Contract obligations as given by the Director and School Board such as Sick Leave, Personal Leave, notice to terminate Contract, etc.
* All teachers are expected to have the best intentions towards the school and it's Board and to strive to maintain a team environment and attitude of good will at all times.
* If a concern or conflict arises, the teacher is expected to consult with the Head Teacher immediately and if a solution cannot be sought, the Director and finally the School Board are to devise a solution.
- Teaching accreditation
- 2 years experience
- Experience with Very Young Learners
- ESL teachers with a YL certificate/Kindergarten experience will be considered
Materials needed to Apply
Please email an up to date CV, cover letter and recent photo to Ms. Lucie at firstname.lastname@example.org
Or drop your documents off in person:
Building C, No. 98, Tô Ngọc Vân, Tây Hồ, Hà Nội
For more information please call +84 4 371 88198
EFLSensei.com is not responsible for the accuracy of job descriptions and has no influence over the recruitment process or outcome of job applications. Applicants are advised to research employers fully prior to accepting employment.