Full Time ESL Teacher; Creative language center in Shimizu JapanOshaberi Eikaiwa Kyoushitsu Published: February 10, 2016
Teach English (ESL) in Japan, Shizuoka City. Full Time Positions start March 16, 2016.
About the school
Oshaberi Eikaiwa Kyoshitsu (OEK) – an independent English Conversation school founded in 1987. We have a great reputation as a language center that does make a difference, our fabulous staff of 7 and a lot of wonderful students.
“Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire.” – W. B. Yeats
- Working schedule is 40 hours, 5 days a week, from Tuesday to Saturday. There is a combination of early starts and afternoon starts.
- 18 month renewable contract - 257,500 yen/month (gross)
- Teaching all ages and English levels from toddlers to adults
- Six weeks paid vacation per year
- Japanese is not essential
- Will sponsor a working visa
- Visa sponsorship available
- To create lessons tailored to best help diverse range of students and classes
- To work both independently and as part of a close-knit team of 7 people
- To be professionally inspired by the teaching and learning processes
- Contribute in creating a fair, friendly, fun and creative working environment that respects diversity, innovation and hard work.
- Exploring new environments and enjoy being around people.
- Our teaching is floor based with low tables and cushions. This allows flexible use of classroom space so need to be happy sitting on the floor.
- University degree - Bachelor's or higher (preferably in Education)
- Minimum one year ESL /classroom experience
- Native English speaker (attended K-12 education in English speaking country)
- Recognized TEFL/TESOL/CELTA certification (or similar)
- Ability to teach both children and adults
- An ability and an enjoyment in web-site editing
- A knowledge of or an interest in reading programs for children
Materials needed to Apply
For a job description, please email your CV/resume, a brief letter of introduction, any letters of reference and a recent photo.
Email – email@example.com
*Applications from non-native speakers or incomplete responses will not be considered.
EFLSensei.com is not responsible for the accuracy of job descriptions and has no influence over the recruitment process or outcome of job applications. Applicants are advised to research employers fully prior to accepting employment.