English InstructorBerlitz Hamamatsu Language Center Published: May 12, 2015
Hamamatsu City, Shizuoka Prefecture, Japan
Berlitz Hamamatsu Language Center is located in the heart of the city next to the train station. Our school is in a clean and secure building that has all the amenities needed to work comfortably.
We are looking for highly motivated individuals with a passion for delivering dynamic and goal focussed lessons and the ability to commit to at least two years working at our Language Center.
Instructors will be required to provide knowledgeable and energetic business English classes focussing on effective presentation techniques or negotiation strategies. In addition instructors are expected to deliver exciting classes for younger learners who are encountering English for the first time.
Instructors are required to work a five day week. Non teaching time may be spent on office activities such as writing reports, designing programs, and taking part in workshops. Teachers are expected to behave and dress in a professional manner, show flexibility, and to prepare for and deliver all classes with a sense of purpose and flair.
Working at Berlitz Hamamatsu is a challenging, but very rewarding experience. We believe that for the right individual this is an excellent career opportunity.
Applicants who are currently residing in Japan will be given preference.
Our generous benefits package includes the following:
- Visa sponsorship
- A monthly starting salary of￥250,000 (with the possibility of an increase after the initial training period)
- A performance related bonus at the end of the contract
- All Japanese national holidays off
- 10 days paid leave
- Housing assistance
- Full training and follow-up support
- A friendly and caring working environment
- Commutation fee (up to 15,000 JPY) & all business related travel expenses paid
- Extensive and proven curriculum with all teaching materials provided
All applicants are required to possess the following:
- A completed and accredited Bachelor’s degree
- A solid understanding and native command of the English language
- Teaching experience and a passion to help others communicate
- Drive and commitment to providing the highest levels of customer service
The following are strongly preferred and applicants with them will be given preference:
- Knowledge of and experience working in the business world
- TEFL certification
- Experience of teaching EAP and/or ESP
- A sensitivity to Japanese culture especially regarding business matters
Materials needed to Apply
Please submit your application to Mr. David Heath at email@example.com
All applications must include:
- A cover letter telling us about yourself, your teaching philosophy, and why you believe that you are a strong candidate for this position
- An up-to-date resume
- A copy of your university degree and full transcript
- A copy of any TEFL certificates that you hold
- The name, position held and contact details of a referee
EFLSensei.com is not responsible for the accuracy of job descriptions and has no influence over the recruitment process or outcome of job applications. Applicants are advised to research employers fully prior to accepting employment.