Curriculum ManagerSunnyside International Language Center Published: March 24, 2015
Manage programs, and create, maintain and develop all of the curricula at an institution which provides English programs to children from three to eighteen years. Work closely alongside a Japanese center manager, to ensure that all programs are maintained and progressed accordingly.
Child-centered teaching and learning is a strong element of SILC’s curriculum philosophy.
40-45 working hours per week, 10-15 teaching or class hours per week, M-F, 8:30-17:45 (there will be two days where the teacher finishes past seven, to teach late classes, 18:00-19:10).
- Salary: 265,000-285,000 yen/month
- Accommodation: The school will set-up accommodation for its staff members, but the teacher is responsible for rent and utilities - 40,000 per month before school subsidies.
- Paid holidays
- Completion bonus
- Transportation allowance
- 7 weeks paid vacation
- 5 days personal leave
- One-year renewable contract
- Will sponsor or renew visa
- Native English speaker
- One year experience teaching kindergarten to elementary school English
- International/Japanese driver's license
- Computer skills (including Word, Excel and the internet)
- Proper visa
- Over two years experience working with younger children
- TESL/TEFL/TESOL/CELTA certification
- Curriculum design experience
- Managerial experience
- Basic Japanese speaking ability
Materials needed to Apply
Application deadline end of March, 2015. Position begins April 1, 2015.
Apply with CV/resume, letter of introduction (explaining why you are interested in this position), photo, availability, and two references.
Applicants should ideally be available to visit the language center for an interview, perform a short demonstration lesson, discuss perspectives on curriculum, as well as be able to attend some training before commencing employment. Candidates who aren’t able to visit the school for a full interview may still apply, however preference will be given to those who can.
Only applicants who meet these requirements will be contacted.
Contact Iain Clark. Sunnyside International Language Center. Iwai Gifu City, Gifu. Japan. http://www.sunnyside-international.jp
EFLSensei.com is not responsible for the accuracy of job descriptions and has no influence over the recruitment process or outcome of job applications. Applicants are advised to research employers fully prior to accepting employment.